- Stream, Inlets & Lakes
- Frogs, Toads & Salamanders
- Marine Creatures
- Puget Sound Sea Life
- Non‐Native ‐ Invasive Wildlife
The Pacific Northwest and particularly "deep" South Puget Sound, where Thurston County is located, is a wonderfully unique place that consists of glacial soils, small sized streams, natural lakes, wetlands and many seasonal streams and wetlands. The land is part of a geologic area called the Puget Sound lowlands.
Thurston County has many miles of marine shoreline, that includes three inlets that are solely located in Thurston County: Henderson, Budd, and Eld Inlets.
Are you interested in knowing more about the watershed you live in or a favorite stream? Look for featured Thurston County streams in each of our Stream Team newsletters, or visit the following websites to learn more about water quality issues, salmon and other general stream basin information.
Listed below are websites that have information about local Thurston County streams, including their locations.
- Watershed characterization examines the features of a watershed and how those features interact to affect the watershed's natural environment.
- Streamside Livin’: Easy ways for streamside property owners to protect salmon.
Enjoy visiting Puget Sound at local public parks and docks.
Take along these educational brochures for low tide walks at Burfoot Park, Tolmie Park, Boston Harbor Marina
Explore local beaches and marina life with the new Puget Sound Sea Life brochures. Retired marine biologist David Jamison provided the photos and text for these colorful and educational brochures on what to see at low tide at local beaches and Boston Harbor Marina.
Check tides at www.saltwatertides.com Go to Washington, Puget Sound. Tides are available for Budd and Henderson Inlets.
- Map of county
- Macro data
- Stream Flow Data http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/monitoring/flow/flow-home.html
- Thurston County Water Quality databases and reports: http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehswat/swater.html
Get to Know Your Local Streams & Inlets
Each quarterly newsletter features a new Thurston County Stream. Click on the names below to view the newsletter containing the featured stream.